Monday, November 05, 2007

I am old

To prove my mettle as an SAT teacher, this past Saturday I took the SAT. It was an interesting experience, not least because the SAT has changed since I first took it. And when did I take it? Twenty-one long years ago, back in 1986 (that time in Germany, since I was a high-school exchange student then). Good grief, when I took the SAT Reagan and Gorbachev were holding meetings – I feel like a footnote in a history book! I also marveled at the fact that everyone in the test room, potentially including the proctor, was young enough to be my son or daughter. Well, at least I didn't have the pressure of college applications hanging over me...

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Ahem...when I took the SATs, Richard Nixon was president of the US and Disney World opened in Florida! Gasp! Now, where's my cane?

Stefanie said...

Dudes, I am so old, when I took the SATs I was wearing a sweatshirt cut like the one in Flashdance and LEGWARMERS. Tragic.