Thursday, May 08, 2008

Laughing for Nana

We just concluded a nice visit from my mom, a.k.a. Nana. She got to bask in Ozan's cuteness and even evoke a big grin now and then, as here:



(Speaking of grins, Ozan is coming closer and closer to coordinating his "ha-goo" noises with his smiles; the confluence of these two should approximate a laugh, which I shall strive to capture on video and post here.)

The most momentous event of Nana's stay happened literally as she was getting ready to go out the door to leave for home: Ozan actually... fell asleep by himself! I can barely bring myself to type the words, but sure enough, it happened. Not without difficulty, of course, but this was the first time in living memory (i.e. about 12 weeks) that the little guy did NOT have to be in someone's arms to depart for the land of Nod. Meltem and I almost wept for happiness. He even proceeded to sleep for a good long time. Naturally he decided to make up for it later in the day by crying incessantly, but I look at it as two steps forward and one step back. He's done it once, he'll do it again!

No comments: