The vaunted three-month mark seems indeed to be a real turning point in baby development. Ozan has been maturing, relatively speaking, rapidly over the past week or two. An indescribably wonderful aspect of this is the fact that I can feel like we are getting some initial father-son bonding. Like when I come in to his room in the morning and Meltem is changing him and he turns to see me and breaks into an ear-to-ear grin. (In fact yesterday he was all smiles for most of the day; wonder what they're putting in that milk of his?) He also has a cute thing where he grins and then turns away and curls up, still grinning, as if you've embarrassed him. Also, in the last couple of days I have tried putting him on his tummy on our bed and letting him try to figure out how to push himself up, if not crawl. I love it when he lifts his head, looks around, sees me and smiles. He may not exactly be thinking "Wow, I've got to impress Dad," but it's immensely gratifying for me to think he is.
Next step: Reading Goodnight Moon together (made possible by the generosity of Mom and the cooperation of the Turkish mail system).
1 comment:
Emmy figured out that "Goodnite Moon" ment she had to go to sleep and she would start to crawl away. Don't over use "The Moon," he'll get wise.
Post a Comment