Friday, December 08, 2006

Wow

Remember yesterday I talked about a white blanket of mist that had descended upon Istanbul? Well, it's getting thicker. Here's a snap:



Apparently it intensified early this morning (like 3:30 am), to the point where they had to close the Bosphorus to shipping in both directions. It's also snarling traffic in places. Oh joy, I can't wait for my commute!

In a few minutes, as it happens, Meltem and I will go out into this killer fog to get me a tax number. This will allow me to get paid, at long last. Or so they tell me; I'm waiting for the next "Oh yeah, there's something else we neglected to mention." (By the way, Meltem is developing a cold, so please leave sympathy notes in the comments!)

1 comment:

Jon Gunning said...

Hey Barry and Meltum,
Sorry to hear you are developing a cold Meltum. Tis the season I suppose. I dunno what Istanbul is like in the Fall but we here in B’Klyn have been having a Fall so warm the AC didn’t come out until mid-November, and I wore shorts and a tee on December 1. It is freezing here now but it’s supposed to be back to nearly 60F tomorrow and the next few days. No one is sick yet but we are all waiting for Influenza should it ever arrive. Emerson and I have a trip to the Peds next week which never fails to get both of us, especially me – ill. I would write about it in my blog but I’m lazy.

Hey Barry, I haven’t seen so many pix of you smiling since Baltimore Photon took a picture of you as you prepared to enter electronically simulated combat. It also looks like you may be developing a case of the lethally infectious “Daddy Fever,” which has felled many a man, some more than once. ;-)