Sunday, December 10, 2006

Some belated pictures

Hi! I am still fighting with the cold, unfortunately. Jon, thanks for the sympathy. I take this as an opportunity to post some more pictures. Barry wrote earlier that we got together with some of my elementary school friends and our teacher at a tavern-like place. These are some of the pictures from that night. Here is Barry and my teacher:














And here is me with two of my friends.














I may have told some of you on the phone about this reunion. I hadn't seen my elementary school friends for 25 years (yes, this makes me feel really old) until one of them bumped into our teacher at the market, and started to look for us last spring. First time we got together was very weird and very emotional. We bonded as if we had never separated and had a lot of fun together. Last time we had seen each other we were 10-11, and here we were with a long history in-between. Some of us had gotten married, with one or more children, some already divorced. Some with successful careers, some unemployed but happy. There is so much to tell but still you don't know how much of it you want to tell to this childhood friend who is also a stranger. Anyway, we had great fun that night. Just watching people around dancing was quite entertaining:

1 comment:

Dennis said...

Hey Meltem! I hope your cold is winding down by now.

Thank you for sharing these photos, including the ones of "old man" Barry. ;^)