Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Starbucks with the best view!

Hi everybody, I hope you had a nice Christmas. I have finally figured out how to transfer images from my cellphone to the computer, but Barry went to bed before I solved this technology puzzle. So, I thought I would post some pictures from last Sunday both for you and to suprise him.
The campus of the Bogazici (=Bosphorus) University, where I work, starts on top of a hill and ends in Bebek, by the water. As Barry wrote before, last Sunday we walked through the campus to Bebek. Traditional Turkish café chains Starbucks and Gloria Jeans (from West Coast) have branches there and whenever we can, we like to go to one of them and enjoy the view of Bosphorus while sipping non-Turkish coffee. This Sunday, we took work with us and sat outside, on one of the little balconies of Starbucks, grading and writing exams. It was nice to be breathing fresh air.



Cheers!


Our philosopher:





And our little friends:





The pictures came out better than I thought. Anyway, I have done enough to avoid preparing for my lecture tomorrow. I should go to bed now.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Our little friends the birds were very cute. I held out a little bit of bread for one to take, and not only did he snatch it right out of my fingers, but about a dozen of his buddies suddenly appeared out of nowhere expecting a feast!