Thursday, February 14, 2008

Taking in the view

It's amazing how things change, even within 48 hours. The nurse brought Ozan back from a blood test and this time, instead of crying for us within a minute of arriving, he just lay in the cart, keeping his eyes open and looking around. (I realize he doesn't see anything yet, science types, it's just interesting to watch him figuring out how to use his perceptual apparatus.) Among other things, it means he's feeling more secure in the post-womb world. I couldn't resist capturing the moment:



And here's the view from our window, in which direction he was gazing. Note how the world's transport traffic pauses at the mouth of the Bosphorus to pay homage to our new family member!

2 comments:

m said...

Next time I have to be in a hospital, I want a view like that. I love that photo of him looking thru the bassinet.

Dennis said...

Regarding "Note how the world's transport traffic pauses at the mouth of the Bosphorus to pay homage to our new family member!", I just have this to say: And well they should! :^)