Friday, February 15, 2008

The home front

Well, we came home from the hospital last night, and are pretty much settled in. Meltem's mom will be staying with us for the first few days to make our lives easier. It was a long first night; Ozan tends to take his sweet time nursing (usually he just gives a desultory suck and then falls asleep), which meant much patient prodding was necessary. But he's in good baby form, eating and sleeping and pooping away. And God, is he ever cute. I sometimes stand over him when he sleeps just to watch him twitch in his little infant dreams. Oh, and today after changing him I held him in front of me and talked to him, and he sort of looked at me with this "Who the hell are you?" look, complete with arched eyebrow. Takes after his old man already!

I have to give major props to Meltem, who has been simply amazing. The woman has had maybe 90 minutes of sleep since Tuesday, but she is proving incredibly patient and chipper throughout all of it. I hope I can be as good a dad as she is clearly going to be a mom.

2 comments:

Susan Wood said...

Great to see these pictures so soon! We are all over it, sharing them with family members we are visiting - Lorraine & Bill and Susan's father.

Susan and Dad

Jon Gunning said...

He's SO beautiful! Congrats guys. Drink it in this is the sweet stuff that life is made of. You are both glowing in your pics.