Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ultrasound report

Hello again! As I mentioned in my last post, yesterday we went in for Ozan's detailed ultrasound. This is a process in which the doctor peers at the swishing blobs on the computer screen and pronounces various organs healthy: "Spine – check! Kidneys – check!" It was a little tough to follow, not least because Ozan was being somewhat uncooperative vis-à-vis giving us a nice pose. Well, there was the time he yawned, or the gesture he seemed to be making with his index finger (I plan to give him plenty of tutelage on finger-gestures when he's out of the womb!). The end result was a clean bill of health for our little one, which of course is great news.

One very nice thing about the visit was that Meltem's mom came. Many people here are quite conservative about these matters, some to the point of thinking that even talking about the baby before it's born will attract ill fortune. But Meltem's mom demonstrated an admirable progressive streak and accompanied us to the ultrasound, where she joined us in being glued to the screen for the whole time. She understood just as little as we did of what we were seeing, but still enjoyed the experience.

So the countdown to February 22 (or thereabouts) continues apace. We will keep our faithful readers posted as things go on!

1 comment:

Dennis said...

I love hearing good news like this. Along with seeing Meltem well and Ozan moving along nicely, I welcomed reading your report about Meltem's mom.

Hayırlı olsun!