Saturday, October 06, 2007

A connecting principle

Today we had a lucky coincidence. I walked over to my school this morning for what I thought would be a 10:30 class, only to be told that there had been a foul-up and my student wouldn't be able to come until 3:00. Grrrr! Anyway, I called Meltem to let her know that I was coming back home; as it turned out that she was in a cab on her way to a nearby neighborhood to get someone's signature on a form, we agreed that she would pick me up on her way back. Well, while she was doing her errand she slipped and wrenched her ankle. The cab driver helped her back into the car, but she was still in a bit of a bind. Good thing that I had just been added to her itinerary! When we arrived home I helped her up the five flights of stairs to our apartment, where I wrapped her ankle in ice and brought her painkillers and such. Don't worry, the ankle's not too bad – just a little sore and swollen, but not badly sprained or anything. Sympathy notes may be left in the Comments section.

Bonus points for anyone who can figure out why I gave this post the title I did.

4 comments:

Jon Gunning said...

Sorry to hear about your injury Meltum. I wish you a speedy recovery.

The events of this day seem to have a connecting principle, linked to the invisible, almost imperceptible; science insusceptible, logic seems so inflexible, causally connectable. Yet, nothing is invincible.

Good thing you knew each others schedule. :-)

Barry said...

We have a winner!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you guys are so cute! - Meltem

Dennis said...

Yikes! Way late on my sympathy comment here.

Fortunately, since I'm reading these messages from the latest to the oldest, I'm happy to see that you're back on track focusing on Ozan's development.