Alert MelbaBlog readers will recall that we've been having a serious rain problem (as in, no rain) for several months now. We've also been roasting all summer, and even into recent weeks. Well, we got our payback this weekend: An impressive storm which dumped vast amounts of rain on the city over a day and a half, as well as driving the temperature down about 20 degrees. I got caught in it, of course, although I did have my umbrella to hand. Because Istanbul is very hilly and its drainage system largely inadequate, you get rivers of water gushing down practically every other street; I thought I was gonna need a skiff to get to the bus stop I needed to be at. (I also heard a voice saying "Build me an ark," but I discounted it.) Today (Monday) is rainless so far, but it's nice and chilly. Meltem and I were talking about how just two days ago the thought of walking around in a jacket was ridiculous, and now we have to wear undershirts and sweaters!
Preview of coming attractions: Tomorrow we're going in for what is billed as a "detailed ultrasound." We're both looking forward to it immensely, because it's been so long since we saw Ozan floating around in there. It's a funny feeling to miss him this way. Well, come February 22 or so we'll be able to see him whenever we want!
No comments:
Post a Comment