I meant to blog a couple of things I noticed when I visited Meltem and Ozan at our summer place (yazlik) last weekend. One was that even though I'd only been away for four or five days, Ozan definitely looked a little different: a little chunkier, a little more hair on top. I took it kind of hard ("My little bald boy is gone!"), but I'm told they keep growing, so I'll suck it up and watch for the next round of changes.
Another cool thing about Ozan is that he hasn't yet learned frustration. If he's grabbing at something he shouldn't and you take it away, or if he's playing with a toy and you need to move it so that you can feed him, he just lets it happen. No fussing, just a look of placid acceptance: "Well, that's gone, guess I'll focus my steely gaze on this other thing." I'm told this changes too, so we should enjoy these halcyon days while we can!
Final note: Meltem informs me via telephone that now when you put Ozan on his back, he rolls over in an apparent attempt to get onto his side, which misfires because he's getting stronger, so he ends up on his tummy – which he doesn't like, so he starts complaining. "Hey! This isn't what I meant!" ... Well, it sounded cute to me.
1 comment:
"My Little baby boy is gone?" Ha waint until he is walking and talking and feeding himself. Then see how you feel. :-)
Post a Comment