Monday, June 22, 2009
Bouncing back
OK, let me take a moment out of my busy schedule to fill you in. Ozan has now had his first childhood illness, to wit: exanthum subitum (just had to use that cool Latin name). Also known as "sixth disease," which is what the doctor here called it – and I thought, what the hell were the first five? –, this means our poor little guy had a high fever for about three days, then a blotchy rash for a couple more. He was also whiny and cranky for about a day or two after that. The most worrisome part was the fever, which breached the 40ºC (104ºF) mark. We kept going in to his room in the middle of the night to put cool cloths on his head and arms; very heartbreaking. But as I say, now he's over it, and let me tell you that for the past 36 hours or so he has been just unbelievably cheerful, all smiles and wanting to play. I am really coming to understand the joys of parenting.
4 comments:
Cok gecmis olsun! :(
Poor thing (and poor parents...).I'm so glad he's doing better!
So sorry to hear about Ozan. Those symptoms were going around these parts as well. They are also the symptoms of measles.
Post a Comment