Thursday, June 07, 2007

A comparison

Lest my joyful swoon, in my last post, over the concept of "walking distance" was insufficiently convincing, here's a pictorial comparison to show you how oh-so-beautifully close to home my new job is gonna be. Courtesy Google Earth, of course.

Exhibit A: Where TIPPS is relative to our love shack.



I realize it's a bit small, but home is at the upper right, a little house-icon labeled "Home Sweet Home" right next to the compass-circle. (The big green field right next to it is the Bogaziçi sports field, where I often go to run or do tai chi.) My lovely new workplace is at the upper left, a blue pushpin marked "TIPPS." For reference I've included the large triangular complex at the bottom with two towers; this is the Akmerkez shopping mall, with which some of you are now familiar (hi Mom!).

OK, on to Exhibit B: Where my soon-to-be-erstwhile employer is located relative to all this.



Home Sweet Home and TIPPS are in the foreground; Yeditepe is the yellow pushpin in the background. I like how you can see the curvature of the earth. Any questions as to why I didn't like the commute?

(UPDATE: If you click on the pictures you get bigger and more legible versions. At least I did.)

2 comments:

Dennis said...

Viva la difference!

m said...

Congratulations on your new job!