Just a little note to wish you all a happy Thanksgiving. I came home from work today at about 8:15 (pm!) and when I knocked on our door it wasn't opened by Meltem, but by a friend of ours named Günizi. She had kindly accepted Meltem's invitation and ensured that we didn't feel alone on the holiday. This and a lovely dinner were Meltem's Thanksgiving surprise for me – surprise, because I had almost completely forgotten what day it was. We had a really nice dinner, including roasted chicken (a cousin to turkey) and a local Turkish berry in place of cranberry sauce (which went very well with the chicken). This exquisite repast was prepared in a scant two hours, according to her excellency the chef. For dessert we had Meltem's Pumpkin Pie, which was really pumpkin pudding because I can't eat a crust:

Yes, fine, I look like a complete goofball teenager. So I'm young at heart, sue me.
Also, to cap off this fine Thanksgiving, it appears my work permit has come through. This means the university can officially register me as a full-time employee and actually start PAYING ME. Yee-ha, as they say. Cross your fingers lest they find another way to make me wait, but I think we've turned a corner.
So, hope you all are happy and healthy and thankful. Best to all.
1 comment:
What a fine way to celebrate the holiday! Maşallah!
Post a Comment